Sunday, December 18, 2011

What Happened to Walmart?

Ok, so today I planned to stay in the stores until I felt like relaxing. For whatever reason I was super restless today. My shopping trip actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. I hit up Kohl's, Ross, Target, Old Navy, and the mall. I had a good time, and I bought some necessaries along with a few wants. The one thing on to-do list that I saved for last was grocery shopping. I had planned on driving back to my city to do the grocery shopping, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I figured that even though I was like 45 minutes away from the house, my groceries would be just fine if I just went to the Walmart in my current location.

I don't like Walmart to begin with, but I figured it was just one particular Walmart in my city that I didn't like. No. As soon as I walked into the "last minute decision" Walmart, I knew I made a horrible decision. This quite possibly was the worst Walmart I've been to in a minute. I should've just drove allllll the way to the pretty Wally World in my town. I chose to be hard-headed, I guess. The whole time I was in this particular Walmart, I just started making mental notes to myself. The shelves were too bare in some spots. It was dirty and disorganized. The bathroom was nasty. I just shook my head.

It's a shame, but you can definitely tell what part of the city you're in if you step inside the Walmart in that area. That in itself is ridiculous. Why is it that the lower income areas deserve to have kicked around fruit and a dirty, disorganized, bare Walmart? When did Walmart become so....so...I don't know. I remember when I used to love Walmart. I really despise the store now. The sad thing is Walmart is not going to change. Those of us who hate Walmart continue to go there because they meet the need. Walmart is a one-stop shop. That is what will keep customers going there no matter whether the store improves or not. With that being said, I don't think Walmart's management cares what we think at all. If they feel like having a pretty store, they will. If they think the people in the area aren't worth pretty fruit, then they'll continue to get kicked around fruit.

I'm just mad at myself for continuing to support the store. I'll probably be in somebody's Walmart tomorrow. Shame.

1 comment:

  1. I hate walmart too...well not all walmarts but certain ones. I have one about 5 minutes from my house but its like the one you described a MESS I call it the ghetto walmart. This walmart can only be gone to in the daytime preferrably in the early morning hours because the thugs and rats are sleep..lol. We usually drive right past out tho and head out to the really nice one in the ritzy area, its clean, friendly and we always get a good park..

    ReplyDelete